USED and TESTED
The HP 16500B is a mainframe of the Hewlett-Packard Logic Analysis System . It offers a modular structure for plug-in cards with a wide range of state, timing, oscilloscope, and pattern generator capabilities. This allows you to configure the HP 16500B using only the modules you need in order to perform a desired measurement or set of measurements, while giving you the flexibility to change or update them later.
The Logic Analysis System provides both experienced and first-time users with powerful measurement capabilities. The pop-up menus and color graphics lead you through setups and measurements quickly and easily, without the need to memorize a lot of steps. By touching the appropriate fields or using the cursor of either the optional mouse or keyboard, you can perform functions, configure menus, and move from one menu to another.
When the instrument is powered up, predetermined values are automatically assigned to the different fields of the menus to configure the instrument for basic measurements. This allows you to make a basic measurement by turning on the instrument, connecting the probes, and touching the Run field. Often, only minor changes are needed for more complex measurements.
With the intermodule capabilities of the Logic Analysis System, you can make interactive measurements between modules. This allows you to configure modules to interact with each other, using the triggering capabilities of one module and the acquisition capabilities of another.
- Modular mainframe with five card slots
- 9-inch color monitor
- Touchscreen with on/off control
- Battery backed Realtime clock
- Programmable PORT IN voltage level and edge selection
- 3.5-inch flexible disk drive with DOS and LIF form at support
- 170 Mbyte hard disk drive with DOS form at support
- Intermodule triggering and 2 ns time correlation of acquired data
- Input/Output Rear Panel BNCs
- Port-in User selectable: TTL, ECL or user defined; Zin = 4 kOhms; Vin = -4.0 V at 1.5 mA to +5 V at 1.6 mA
- Port-out Output signal is active high, TTL output level, high > 2 V into 50 Ohms, low < 0.4 V into 50 Ohms
- Intermodule Bus (IMB) Characteristics
- Run Control: Oscilloscope, timing, state, and pattern generation can be armed by Group Run. Modules can run concurrently or be armed in series. Each module can arm one or more modules
- Mixed Display Mode: Any timing or oscilloscope waveform displays can be mixed. State listings can be included with waveforms in the State/Timing Mixed Mode display
- Acquiring Data for Mixed Displays: To obtain a mixed display, multiple modules must be armed through the IMB. To include state listings in mixed mode displays, state time tagging must be on
- Time Interval Accuracy Between Modules: Equals the sum of the channel-to-channel time interval accuracies of each module used in the measurement, for a de-skewed measurement
- Time Correlation Resolution: 2 ns (500 MHz)
- HP-IB and RS-232C interfaces for
- Hardcopy output to a printer
- Controller interface
- HP 16501A Expansion Frame - Increase available card slots to ten when you connect the expansion frame to an HP 16500B
- Ethernet LAN interface
- Expandable system memory up to 64 Mbytes