- USED and Tested
- G.821 error analysis at 704 kb/s, 2, 8, and 34 Mb/s
- Optional jitter generation and measurement at 2, 8, and 34 Mb/s
- Clock synthesizer for rates between 1 kb/s and 50 Mb/s
- Optional V.11 interfaces for testing X.21 leased circuits
HP 3784A is a portable error performance/jitter test set, offering standard telecom interfaces at 704 kb/s, 2, 8, and 34 Mb/s, with the option of codirectional interfaces at 64 kb/s and V.11 interfaces for testing X.21 leased circuits. In addition, it has binary TTL/ECL interfaces for measurements up to 50 Mb/s, using the internal clock synthesizer.
HP 3784A is easy to use with measurement presets, automatic receiver setup and error performance pass/fail thresholds. Automatic jitter tolerance and transfer plotting routines are provided for fast accurate testing up to and beyond CCITT limits. Through-data mode allows jitter to be added to a structured signal for jitter tolerance testing of demultiplexers.
- Automated production test of transmission line and terminal equipment
- Development and test of digital circuits that transport or store data
- Long-term monitoring of digital transmission equipment in the field
Special versions of the HP 3784A digital transmission analyzer offer error and jitter measurements at North American and binary interfaces, using unframed data. They provide all the features of the standard instrument with North American data rates, DS1 (1.544 Mb/s), DS1C (3.152 Mb/s), DS2 (6.312 Mb/s) and DS3 (44.736 Mb/s), replacing the European data rates. Another version offers STS1 (51.84 Mb/s) for testing SONET equipment.
Automatic and manual jitter measurements offer a fast, accurate means of characterizing digital transmission equipment. In addition, jitter can be added to any standard data signal passing through the instrument to allow testing of demultiplexers with a framed signal.